Calendar for May 2021, fun facts about May, history of May, phase of the Moon and all about May you might interest.
Calendar for May 2021
Phase of the Moon:
|May 3||May 11||May 19||May 26|
|3rd Quarter||New Moon||1st Quarter||Full Moon|
Holidays and Observances in U.S.:
- 5: Cinco de Mayo
- 9: Mother’s Day
- 31: Memorial Day
Holidays and Festivals around the World:
- May Day
- Cinco de Mayo
- National Teacher Day
- Mothers Day
- Victoria Day
- Memorial Day
- National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
- Asian American Heritage Month
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month
- National Bike Month
Fun Facts about May:
- It is the third and last month of the season of spring.
- The birthstone of May, the emerald, symbolizes success and love.
- May in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to November in the Southern Hemisphere.
- May was once considered a bad luck month to get married. There is a poem that says “Marry in May and you’ll rue the day”.
- In Old English May is called the “month of three milkings” referring to a time when the cows could be milked three times a day.
- The Indianapolis 500 car race is held each year during this month. The Kentucky Derby, the world’s most famous horse race, is also held on the second Saturday of this month.
- The month of May is devoted to the Virgin Mary in the Catholic Church.
- The United Kingdom celebrates May as the National Smile Month.
- The last week of May is Library and Information Week.